Monday, July 10, 2006

the gamble

"I'll see your heart, and I'll raise you mine..."

I never found gambling appealing. I would watch my roommates play various card games and bet whatever they had for the hand they believed would win, but I never saw the beauty of it. Maybe it's because I thought a person would always lose in such games.

Now that I think of it, I have to admit that I have been addicted to gambling all my life. The only problem is I don't gamble things that are replaceable after a certain period of hardwork. I gamble the heart...something that can reach a point that is beyond repair.

If everything in love is a gamble, and luck involves the same probability of losing and winning, then how come I have never won in the game of love?

Makes me think maybe I should break the habit and not gamble at all. Then again, what is life lived, if you have not loved?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home