pressures
More and more, I'm discovering that I really don't want to live in a place that'll confine me to rules I don't agree with.I pushed for this long vacation in New York to see what it's like to be free from my family and to experience self-discipline at its best. Unfortunately, I still have to do certain things I don't really want to just to ensure harmony in the home I'm in. I'm not with anyone from my family, but of course I'm still pressured to have the same living habits that these people have.
I envy people who have a home of their own...who come and go as they please...who live an enjoyable, disciplined life without anyone pressuring them into doing something. To be more specific, what I mean is I want a life where I'll go home before midnight because I, and no one else, think anything later is too much for me. I want to clean up because I'm the one who can't stand the filth in the room. I want to cook what I can, even if it's barely edible, and still be proud of my effort simply because I know I'm trying my best. I want to stop being so polite and leave behind the life I've known...a life with pressures from politeness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home